[Tango-L] floor finishings

JOANNEPROCHASKA@aol.com JOANNEPROCHASKA at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 12:13:41 EST 2008

We have a dance floor in our house.
Our maple hardwood dance floor was installed in 2004 by Premier Hard Wood
Floors in Avon Lake, Ohio
Phone 440-933-5080
I would suggest calling them and asking Rob Hall, the owner, exactly what he
used to finish our floor.  He put two coatings on the floor.  I believe the
first coat was a water-based urethane, and the second coat was an oil-based
urethane.  I could be wrong, and the oil-based urethane was the first coat and the
water-based urethane the top coat.
Anyway, Rob Hall can tell you the exact order of application.
We are extremely pleased with this maple floor and the finish.  The finish is
satin smooth...like a baby's skin!  When you walk across it in your stocking
feet, well, the only word to describe it "soft"!  We get many, many
compliments on our floor.
Our dance floor is used only for dancing.  The only street shoes come from
newbie men for their first lesson.
Rob instructed us to clean it only with Windex.  We rarely have to clean it
anyway, as it does not get "dirty".  For scuff marks, I use a "magic" cloth
with a little windex and some elbow grease and my thumb.  The marks come off like
magic!
Please do not hesitate to call Premier Hard Wood Floors. I am sure that Rob
can look up our file and tell you how he finished our floor.
Now that I think of it, I will call Rob myself and ask him about the
coatings, as it is not written in my notes, which I just looked up.  Then I can add it
to my file too.
Good luck and see you on the dance floor.
Joanne Pogros
Cleveland, Ohio