[Tango-L] Letting go of the left hand

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Mon Mar 3 08:55:32 EST 2008

This is a useful practice exercise, especially for men who use the left hand for leading or for ladies
who exert too much pressure with the right hand. But I'd agree the exercise with the lady before
commencing. The lady would place her right hand on the man's chest.

An even better exercise is for the man to release his right arm from around the lady, while the lady
maintains her normal hold. The man would place his right arm behind his back.

Please note that these are only exercises, for use in classes or practicas - not while dancing in a milonga.

Keith, HK

 On Mon Mar  3 18:14 , ""Mash"  sent: