[Tango-L] Letting go of the left hand

'Mash mashdot at toshine.net
Mon Mar 3 04:50:25 EST 2008

Just a quick one for the ladies.

Do you approve or disapprove of when the leader lets go of your left hand while dancing?
For those who are lefties I mean the non embracing hand (is there a technical term for this hand?)

The reason I ask is that I quite like to let go at times as it focuses me away from sloppy leading with my left arm and causes me to be clearer in my chest and embrace more so it feels great.

But I danced with someone at class the other day and as I let go I almost lost her completely, for her it seemed to be a signal to loose all torsion and connection.

So I am asking do you enjoy this or does it make you lose connection with your partner?

Thanks

'Mash
London,UK