[Tango-L] Fwd: Women as wild horses that need to be broken?

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed Jun 11 15:15:52 EDT 2008

Astrid wrote:
> Good grief, thank God we do not have instructors here that think of their
> students in this way.

He doesn't - I think it's obvious that he tries very hard to make his
students dance on something else than autopilot. I'm also sure that,
in other posts, he can cast aspersions at leaders in just the same way
(and no, something tells me that this wouldn't be a sign he's interested
in S and M with men).

I thought it was quite humorous, actually, and I wouldn't have been
offended had I been a woman (but then, I don't have a
sensitive skin (TM) ).

> but this reads like he has a secret taste for S and M,

Methinks you're projecting a bit too much.

 > The man to who this happens probably
> also does not know how to lead ochos with his chest instead of his hand,
> otherwise he could easily stop her movement.

You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side, Astrid. Some "followers"
(note apologetical quoting) are quite decided to carry out the step they
*think* they should take regardless of the consequences, even if they have
to not only ignore the lead but push the leader aside. Some will
refuse to follow a step even at the peril of their own lives,
refusing to put a foot under the place where the leader has
despite everything managed to move their body, just because the Way
of the Ocho points somewhere else (apparently, their faith in the
Great Autopilot in the Sky is greater than their faith in the law
of gravity).

Yes, I do blame their instructors (partly), and sometimes their partners
(weak leaders that teach them to "fill in the blanks" in the lead -- of
course the blame there must also partly lie on the leader's instructor).
But "blame" is the wrong word: often, these "followers" simply don't know
better.

Not that the cabinet of horrors on the leader side looks any prettier, of
course - you could also fill books with it.

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>