[Tango-L] Article on Camicando 2008

Irene Ho irenekyho at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 11:31:44 EDT 2008

"Paradiso" website in Toronto has just published my report on the 2008 CaMiCando (Canyengue, Milonga and Candombe) Festival in Buenos Aires:  http://torontoargentinetango.blogspot.com/

The festival is organized by MoCCA (Movimiento Cultural Canyengue Argentino) , a non-profit organization which seeks to preserve and promote the "roots" of tango as expressed in the music and dance of Canyengue, Milonga and Candombe - the precursors of Tango.  The report includes excerpts of my interviews with Martha Anton, Roxina, Adrian and Jorgo of MoCCA.  The report also includes the link to the video of the Canyengue performance of Adrian and Roxina at La Baldosa in the closing night of the CaMiCando festival this year.

Man Yung and I have participated in CaMiCando in 2007 and 2008 and we had a fantastic time there every year.  I've been checking the CaMiCando website www.camicando.org, and I understand that more detailed information will be available in July 2008.

Irene Ho
www.ireneandmanyung.blogspot.com