[Tango-L] Milonga - inspiration for the weekend

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Sat Jun 7 12:45:42 EDT 2008

I have checked and you are right, Michael. He is not using any milonga
steps, it is just like tango, different rhythm.
However, the links you posted, the 2nd and the 4th are not very good either.
I don't know much about US teachers, but I personally think, Pablo Veron and
Jorge Torres are great milonga dancers. Pablo I have only seen in that
movie, but I have danced with Jorge, and he is fabulous. He is much more
than just a stage dancer, he feels like velvet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6IeJGYqKrc

by the way, while looking for more milonga I came across a clip of El Indio
dancing chacarera. Or is it Gato? Never seen him do that before. ; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRUQi-9k44M&feature=related

-