[Tango-L] New Video

"Christian Lüthen" christian.luethen at gmx.net
Wed Jul 30 12:49:29 EDT 2008

Hoi Andreas!

When I made my original comment I was about sure that - knowing you - you would take my comment the positive way!

> Thank you for your remarks. Maybe this can become a general comparison
> of everybody´s ideas about dancing vals.

That was precisely my intend: get some more comments on dancing examples. See what others on the list see & feel - may it be pleasing or not: every new dance counts!!!

I'd be happy to see more and more 'lurkers' on tango-L to finally get out and comment openly (not only by private-e-mail!). I'd also be happy if I would be able to even read some 'disagree' and not just only 'what a beautiful tango world'. I mean: what pleases me does not necessarily have to please someone else. What I do not like does not necessarily has to be disliked by others. But a discussion about it, from *all* sides, could help everyone of us to develop a better viewing, a better feeling and maybe even a better dancing!

And just to add on this: sometimes I like one couple's tango, but do not like their milonga. Or anothers couples vals, but not their tango. Or even I might like one of their tangos, but not the other, but again the third. But I would very much like to know what others feel, see, like ... and also dislike! Usually one learns by criticism, not by the ever going on chearleaders.

Hey, and by the way: some days I like my own dancing whereas on other days I am not satisfied with. And even on one evening this could change, maybe due to me, maybe due to a partner (more or less accoustomed, more or less inspiring) ... maybe due to the music, maybe due to the atmosphere, quite often due to the other couples on the floor ... etc.

Looking forward to a fruitful discussion,
Christian

.