[Tango-L] Example of Nuevo dancing to the music. Was (no subject).

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Tue Jul 29 18:42:42 EDT 2008

Joe Grohens wrote:
>>Brick wrote (about Homer and Christine's video):
> The dance goes back and forth between close embrace and "neuvo," so
> view it till at least a minute before you tell me it is not "nuevo."
I don't understand why people use the term "close embrace" as an
opposite of "tango nuevo"
<<

I used the terms because that seem to be the language spoke here. I
don't use the term "nuevo" to describe tango in real life.

I don't really know why people find the need to take sides and rally
under names like "Milongeuro style,"  "Salon Style" or "Nuevo style."
I don't see that as doing anything but fracturing our rather small
community.

As long as a dancer follows the 4 rules I previously posted, it is all
good. Let the music and the partner and the space dictate the dance.

I like Homers "one tango" philosophy.

>From his bio:
"Homer Ladas is currently an inventive enthusiast of the "One Tango"
school which attempts to study, integrate, and balance what's 'new'
with what's 'traditional'. "