[Tango-L] Example of Nuevo dancing to the music. Was (no subject).

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 02:14:49 EDT 2008

Brick wrote (about Homer and Christine's video):
> The dance goes back and forth between close embrace and "neuvo," so
> view it till at least a minute before you tell me it is not "nuevo."
I don't understand why people use the term "close embrace" as an
opposite of "tango nuevo".

Supposed proponents of tango nuevo dance in a close embrace as well as
an open embrace.

Example (Chicho/Juana): http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJEGyw_kRUI

Is opening the embrace what makes something "tango nuevo"?

What about this video of Flaco Dany and Silvina Vals? They open up a
lot to do turns. Is their dancing "nuevo"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KhBuOwJPcU

What about Pupy Castello -- is he tango nuevo? I guess that means
"nuevo" was invented a long long time ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2OxyYHZTcUI