[Tango-L] Nuevo lead and follow and repressed teaching

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 19:24:21 EDT 2008

"My point is that when women have the bodywork and technique, then they can be lead into a colgada or volcada without having been taught the step.  However, getting to that point requires a lot of work"

I am / was very sure that this was true regarding cose embrace / apilado.
Now, as I watch people, who have paired off, practice the same "nuevo" / stage /
fantasia "moves" over and over again. I'm not so sure.

I never see then practicing "bodywork and technique". And they never seem to
"practice" these movements with anyone other than "their" partner, or a very
small subset of people.

The problem is, in developing bodywork and technique, it is almost certain that they
will encounter colgadas and / or volcadas repeatedly. And, chances are that they will
do so with the same individual, many, many times.

Now, I'm quite a bit less certain what to think.