[Tango-L] Nuevo lead and follow and repressed teaching

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 11:17:21 EDT 2008

--- On Mon, 7/28/08, Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I know exactly what you're talking about and maybe
> I'm too cynical but I don't think the guys who dance with women who don't take classes are looking for feedback on their tango. I suspect their motives lie elsewhere. o_O

Oh, no.  The young ones will get dances, regardless, even by the top dancers here.  Most of the men here are very good about taking classes, workshops, and attending the practicas.  They're also good about encouraging the women to go to the practicas and take classes.  But the newer women still don't go.  They think that because they know some steps, they don't need to take the lessons where they can really work on their technique.  Before, the new women would at least attend some regular classes before stopping.  But these new women aren't taking anything.  And I feel the problems cropping up in the men when I dance with them.  Have to figure out what to do about that.

Trini de Pittsburgh