[Tango-L] Dancing socially to Piazzolla

Myk Dowling politas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 06:40:54 EDT 2008

David Thorn wrote:
> It is one thing to say that I don't like to dance to Piazzolla, or I can't dance to Piazzolla, or that I have never heard
> Piazzolla played at a Milonga in BsAs, or even to say "of course I can but why in the world would I ever want to?".
>
> It is an entirely different thing, and I think incorrect, to say that Piazzolla is not socially danceable.

I've certainly often heard Piazzolla played at Milongas in Australia,
and I've danced to it myself. It's not the easiest music to dance to,
but when you get accustomed to it, it can make for a beautiful dance
experience.

I'm not a great tango dancer (yet!), but if I enjoyed the dance, and my
partner enjoyed the dance, and we followed the ronda and didn't run into
anyone, how is that not social dancing, I wonder?

--
Myk Dowling