[Tango-L] Piazolla in Buenos Aires

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Tue Jul 22 07:57:30 EDT 2008

This was posted on the list:

Given the number of Piazzolla pieces being re-used by other tango bands,
it seems rather unlikely to me that Piazzolla is "never danced to
socially in Buenos Aires".

I have been dancing in the milongas of Buenos Aires since December 2000.  I came here to live in December 2004.  While I have not danced in all 130 milongas and I do not dance 7 days a week, I can tell you that I do dance enough to be recognized in the majority of the milongas and I have my own table in several.  That being said, I can tell you in those 8 years of countless milongas I have not once heard Piazolla played in (even as a cortina), let alone danced to.

Astor Piazolla is recognized here as Tango to listen to. There are still others that do not even consider it tango. (I am not even going to get into that debate so don't even email me off the list to start it.)

Database version: 5.10310e
http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor/