[Tango-L] Dancing socially to Piazzolla

Barbara Garvey barbara at tangobar-productions.com
Mon Jul 21 16:17:34 EDT 2008

Actually, Al and I heard Piazzolla make this statement at a lecture he
gave in San Francisco on his second and last visit to this city. As I
recall his exact words were "My music is not for dancing". I can't give
the precise date (or year) without research but another friend, John
Rolleri, was also in the audience. At that time many dancers were
already using his music (played by other orchestras) for dancing in
performance. However I still haven't heard Piazzolla played at
traditional milongas.

This is fact, not necessarily my opinion :-)
Barbara, in SF temporarily