[Tango-L] Traspie - contrapaso

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:37:18 EDT 2008

   "Does it mean that traspie is just what we would call "change of a foot"?"

Hi Igor,

            It is possible that what you call change of foot and traspie are the same.

In tango we call "change of foot" "Cambios",   when for instance,  you are in a position with (let us say) the right foot locked behind the left one and you wish to step forward with right. You cross the left behind the right and step forward with right.

These "cambios" or changes are sometimes repeated "for effect" left foot locks behind, right foot locks behind, left foot locks behind.

Sergio