[Tango-L] Changes of direction

Iron Logic railogic at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 14:47:53 EDT 2008

Change of direction is simply change in direction of rotation around man.
  So a front cross followed by a front cross(or two back crosses) constitute a "change of direction". However, these kinds of "change of direction" are not "interesting". Therefore normally only the moves in the list below from Jack are considered "Change of directions".

  Pivot is "necessary" , otherwise they are only rocks steps. We shouldn't call rock steps by  fancy names like "Change of direction" :))

  IL

Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Chris' comments don't really seem to tell the story correctly. What I've
learned from Gustavo Naveira and others is that there are only 6 'changes
of direction' and each is a single step. They are:

Right foot front cross to left foot back cross;
Right foot back cross to left foot front cross;
Right foot open step to left foot open step;
Left foot front cross to right foot back cross;
Left foot back cross to right foot front cross; and
Left foot open step to right foot open step.