[Tango-L] Kizomba, tango's African cousin

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:00:56 EST 2008

On 1/29/08, Oleh Kovalchuke <tangospring at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can anyone deny African roots of tango after watching this clip?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRw62Ouq-0A
>
> --
> Oleh Kovalchuke
> http://www.tangospring.com

What I see is a white couple doing some tango steps to non-tango
music, loosely connected to the music, in front of a mostly white
audience. I doubt this was filmed in Africa.

If it hasn't already happened, this could spark a new trend at
Alternative 'Milongas'.

The music may be African, but the dance is an imitation of tango. I
would like to see what the real Kizomba looks like.

This is not to deny the African influence on tango, but it is not
demonstrated here.

Ron