[Tango-L] Victor, chicho, the real tango, practica X

Bruno Afonso bafonso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:25:50 EST 2008

Hi Guys,

I very much enjoyed these Chicho's interpretations. Very lyrical and
sensitive to me. I have a naive question regarding his embrace. It is
not a very traditional apilado or at least what I kind of conceive as
a more traditional one, where the partners face each other more
"straight forward". I can see how this one looks more confortable for
certain moves and interpretations. I may have been deceived though :)

How do people normally call this style (?) of close embrace? Is it
something you kind of develop yourself - personal preferences, etc -
or a style?

I'm sure he masters it and can dance with any follower but i am
curious as to how followers feel about that embrace versus others.

stay cool