[Tango-L] Creating a strong connection

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu Jan 24 04:56:09 EST 2008

I guess the real issue is the definition of connection. If the context is the physical arrangement of the partners, then, yes, connection can be taught. However, if the definition of connection is the wonderful, exchange of emotional energy, that can't be taught.

You can plug a lamp into an electrical outlet. The bulb comes on when the switch is turned. How is connection defined? If the former, anyone can be taught to put a plug into an outlet. You can't be taught how to turn on the "emotional switch" and light up like a lamp.

I thought Virginia was writing about the "lighting up like bulb" connection and not the physical arrangement of the partners since she described the feeling she got from dancing with her partner and better leaders. I guess I'm the only person on the list who didn't understand what "making a connection" means as Keith wrote below.

Michael
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango
Two more months to the Atlanta Tango Festival-- and warmer temperatures