[Tango-L] does a leader nead to insist on the lead (was Krasimir vs anticipation..).

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed Jan 23 16:45:08 EST 2008

peter jouliard wrote:
> From: "Tango For Her"
>> A movement consists of a lot of small communications.
>> I communicate to her and she communicates back to me,
>> and so on.
>> Did she do something that I did not intend?  Fine.
>>
>> Next time, I will try harder to communicate my
>> intentions a little better.
>
> YES,
> and even more: why not simply accept what she did/proposed.
> If it is true, as mentioned by others, that I invite her for a movement,
> she does the movement  and I follow her; now she does another movement and I
> follow her as well, what would be wrong with that.
> The only thing I would like to see in a scenario like that is, that she
> consciously does what she does,
> that it is not an automatism.

Quite. But if she wants to do that, she also needs to take over the lead - i.e.
offer enough resistance to force you to listen, and then propose, listen to see
whether you get it, etc.. Not many followers are actually trained to do that
well.

And even when it's communicated well, some leaders (not me) don't like a
macha ;).

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>