[Tango-L] Beginning follower (was Krasimir, peralta vs gustavo)

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 11:31:19 EST 2008

--- Krasimir Stoyanov <krasimir at krasimir.com> wrote:

> I think it is the contrary, she is too focused. I do all
> kind of subtle things, and she thinks her job is to
"detect" them. That makes her anxious she might miss to
react accordingly.

Sounds more like nerves, then.  When I feel my partner (man
or woman) getting tense, I start humming to the music.  Or
I'll play with up/down movements to create a flying
sensation (with an occasional sound effect).  I try to
signal that I'm relaxed and trying to have fun, which
they'll often pick up on and reflect back.  And, of course,
nothing more than simple walking, check steps, until
they're relaxed.

You're right about not letting her feel that you're bored.

Good luck,
Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/