[Tango-L] Krasimir vs anticipation...

desdelasnubes@web.de desdelasnubes at web.de
Wed Jan 23 11:28:07 EST 2008

>I am desperate, and I don't think anyone can help, it is the job of the
>follower to stop guessing and anticipating - the correct technique is in
>place to make the movement the right way, but she's simply not using it. The
>second she "decides" to do something, she just ignores the skills I thought
>to her. Yes, I know she is too new in tango, but these kind of going from 0%
>to 100% and back from dance to dance are something I have no idea how to
>deal with.

>Is this because she lacks the talent needed?

As followers we love to dance with GENTLEmen that are as gentle as they can possibly be.
What is encouraging for a follower? It is to feel the confidence that the gentle
generous experienced leader conveys to her. The most gentle of leaders make the
follower relax.
The most gentle of leaders will give the follower the feeling that she is a queen. Una reina.
Does a queen have to bother about a mistake? The generous leader will tell her with a gentle smile:
it is all in the leader's responsibilty.
What is the core of anticipation? It is a follower that tries to meet the expectation of the
leader.
This is very common for beginners but not only for beginners.
Followers are very sensitive to the feelings conveyed. A follower can sense your impatience, your
horror of her anticipation. A sensitive follower will sense you questioning her talent.
And the result will be worse. How can you expect a follower to relax when she has
sensed she does not have the leaders' confidence and she cannot count on his gentle generosity?

It might take time for a follower to come to understand she is not there
to meet the expectation of an impatient leader ;)
But to enjoy dancing.

Anna