[Tango-L] what we can learn or not from different teachers/dancers

Patricia Katz pkatz at trebnet.com
Wed Jan 23 09:26:57 EST 2008

One can find good or bad with every teacher/dancer, whether world renown or not, depending on one's perspective (the same with singers, ballet dancers, musicians etc.),
depending on how a particular dancer & or teacher effects a person -- to bring out something new or touch one, that may give a new or different understanding - to increase one's dance vocabulary etc. We can all learn something, by even watching various dancers of different styles, good or bad:
e.g. how NOT to execute a figure or how a certain posture seems clumsy, etc. as well as what seems interesting and useful and good to admire.
Patricia