[Tango-L] Last tango in Bs. As.

Ming Mar ming_mar at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 17:03:46 EST 2008

I've been told that traditionally the last song played
at a milonga in Buenos Aires is La Cumpasita.  A
friend of mine, a retiree who has traveled to Bs. As.
several times, staying there months on end, said that
this is not so.  I don't know how often he stayed to
the very end.  To the people in Bs. As., does this
tradition exist?  And if it exists, how often is it
observed?

I've been told that the Porten~o DJs don't play Adios
Muchachos because it means you're going to die.  Do
they think that?