[Tango-L] Men who pull to the left

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Jan 18 22:22:24 EST 2008

> Here is a short video of walking inside/outside. Is it taught correctly?
> How much further to the left would produce discomfort in the woman?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBFFLgUpXn0

I don't know what to say as the teacher is using the practice hold and we
are talking about the right embrace. However I am stating to see where the
men's mistake comes from. So you mean, some guys are so stiff, they cannot
even think of putting a little tortion into their bodies to step outside the
women while remaining in the embrace while making her twist twice as much
just for his comfort? Or is it pure ignorance?

How much further left, Mario? You are not supposed to go off to the left at
all, the shoulders should remain in alignment as much as possible.
Definitely not more than one or two inches off, IMO. Instead, you should
work on the flexibility of your waist.