[Tango-L] Men who pull to the left

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Fri Jan 18 21:50:16 EST 2008

There are salient points missing from his explanation. Notice that the leader's feet are pointed outward. As he steps forward with his right, there is a path for him to step because the left foot is pointed outward to the left. After he passes the left foot he hooks his right foot back towards the woman. He doesn't keep walking to his left. His right foot is making a "S" which my teacher calls the hook step. You hook outward and then inward. He describes that on the third step, many men continue to step away from the woman instead of bringing the foot together with the right.

I promise this is the last message for today. I probably hit my quota.

It's an excellent video but I feel significant points are missing. Of course, he could have said them when the camera wasn't rolling.

Michael
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango
Time to go to sleep.