[Tango-L] European and American pseudo-tango dancers

Ecsedy Áron aron at milonga.hu
Fri Jan 18 15:20:15 EST 2008

Dear Krasimir,

They are really nice, but this is simply the question of
style-preference. It is very strange that you picked this recording. It
looks exactly like when a stage dancer tries very hard to dance like a
milonguero proficient in salón style (sometimes disregarding the music
altogether, which is not really characteristic for milongueros I
know...). Most "very milonguero" people I saw doesn't have such posture
and fluency of moves (and the slightly cheesy intro) like these stage
professionals, but they give you a little more downtoearth enjoyment of
the music, the partner and what they do.

Nevertheless, nuevo technique is here to stay, even if the actual style
will change considerably towards less movement and less open embrace moves.

Cheers,
Aron