[Tango-L] Two of My Teaching Pet Peeves

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Jan 18 01:03:46 EST 2008

> Hmmm, I'm always trying to get further outside on my left especially when
> in close embrace. Is this my problem?

No, you are not alone. A lot of men do this, and let me tell you, the
further left you go, the more uncomfortable it gets for the woman.
Especially if you turn the right side of her body at an angle to you. It
means, she has to walk while constantly having her back twisted into an
unnatural angle. Lasrt time I danced with a Japanese tango teacher who took
this to such an extreme that he looked like he would have almost prefered to
dance behind me. Why do guys do this?