[Tango-L] Milonga 101 -- conversation between dances

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 13:36:32 EST 2008

--- Krasimir Stoyanov <krasimir at krasimir.com> wrote:

>> What is wrong technique? This is when someone teaches a
> combination in order to show technique. The real
technique is nothing more than posture, embrace,
> walking and pivots.

Krasimir,

I agree with you about real technique, but it takes people
different ways of learning it.  Combinations can be a great
way for people to practice and analyze their technique.  A
good combination will make people more aware of when their
posture is bad or when their embrace is too tight, etc.  It
should make it self-evident to the dancers when their
technique isn't good.

There are times when subtleties don't work and you have to
exaggerate the movement for people to see and understand
it.  That all depends on the person.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/