[Tango-L] Milonga 101 -- conversation between dances

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Mon Jan 14 22:36:25 EST 2008

Chris,

It's called learning to dance. And, yes, Gustavo's classes are serious and often difficult.

But we've been through all this before - if a teacher's classes are too difficult for some
students, they should find an easier class. And, if all students can immediately do what
the teacher is teaching, well he isn't teaching very much. And if any teacher tells his
students that learning Tango is easy, they should find another teacher. It's a teacher's
job to push and challenge his students, not pander to them. Well, that's my opinion.
Personally, when I attend classes, I don't go for fun - I go to work and I go to learn.

Keith, HK

 On Tue Jan 15 10:42 , "Chris, UK"  sent: