[Tango-L] Milonga 101 -- conversation between dances

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Mon Jan 14 19:30:00 EST 2008

> There is an interview with Gustavo Naveira in which he says it used to
> be about the music; now it's about the dance.

I'm glad he's finally come out and stated his belief. It'll help people
appreciate why his kind of teaching is so detrimental to those for whom
the music is the foundation of the dance.

> He is missing the essence of tango.

For me, his most revealing comment is:

 At a certain moment, there arose the need to technically identify every
 single thing done in dancing

There arose that need in him, evidently. But goodness only knows where he
got the notion that anyone else needs their rainbows unweaving...

--
Chris