[Tango-L] Popularity of Milonga (the dance)

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Fri Jan 11 00:47:05 EST 2008

I think the reason many men don't enjoy milonga is because they can't dance.
And I don't mean they can't dance milonga; I mean they can't dance - period.

I honestly believe that many men can do tango, and even do it quite well,
without ever learning how to actually dance. This isn't possible with milonga.
You can't just do milonga, you have to dance it. So many men stay seated.

And I agree with what TFH likes to say - most women can dance - and I think
that's why they love milonga.

There's a huge difference between doing tango and dancing tango and many
people just don't understand this. If men concentrated more on milonga than
tango then they might just learn how to dance and their tango would improve
enormously. I remember a video of Tete where he described the feeling of a
Vals as - like flying - that's because he can dance.

Keith, HK

On Fri Jan 11 10:57 , "Trini y Sean (PATangoS)"  sent: