[Tango-L] tango schizophrenia

Ecsedy Áron aron at milonga.hu
Wed Jan 9 11:43:50 EST 2008

> We can only imagine how much better would have been the dancing of
> everyone from Petroleo to El Chino, had they not been cruelly handicapped
> by being born too early to benefit from the teachings of Gustavo Naveira,
> Mauricio Castro and the like.

What makes you think they didn't?

Just because they do not have a "master" or that they don't take lessons
directly, it does not mean that they are not copying elements, moves,
style, technique from others. In BsAs many dancers don't even know how
to spell nuevo, but that doesn't mean they don't USE it's benefits (and
of course most of them will never admit that there is any connection -
probably they don't even know or understand, because they can't care
less about exact classification).

Cheers,
Aron

--