[Tango-L] Dance for success?

Andy Ungureanu abungureanu at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:08:26 EST 2008

I am afraid you forgot a interim question:

Am 08.01.2008 02:18 schrieb NANCY :
> You are confused, Shahrukh.
>
> The first question at the end of the first song is
> "Are you comfortable?"  After the second song, it is
> "Do you have a boyfriend?"
If the answer is yes, the next question is: "is he here with you?" If he
is not, continue with the coffee ;-)
> And the third question is
> "Will you go for coffee?" ** at the end of the tanda.
> They may offer to give the woman their phone number,
> but it will usually be a cellphone or the number of
> the store near their house.  Wouldn't want the wife or
> the girlfriend intercepting those calls.
>
> **'Going for coffee' has a much more provocative
> connotation than it does in the US.  I have answered,
> "A cafe milonguero o un cafe de amistad?"
> (friendship).

I think it has a very clear and unique meaning ;-) If you are so naive
and think he is really talking  about coffee and go for it, you will
disappoint him and he will think (and tell everyone else) you are
"histerica", i.e. you say yes and then no....

Andy