[Tango-L] Gender Imbalance/Advertising for men

'Mash mashdot at toshine.net
Tue Jan 8 09:07:44 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 09:11:09AM -0800, Tango For Her wrote:
> It is my opinion that showing Show Tango isn't going
> to attract them ... but, that's just my opinion.  I
> like the idea of putting links to videos where the man
> and woman are close, the dance is SIMPLE and the woman
> looks like she is in love.  Then, again, that's just
> the romantic in me.  I don't know what would attract
> other guys.
>
> Anyway, maybe, one of the tango societies in a given
> city that actually has a healthy enough budget could
> spearhead that kind of effort.

Sorry to be more precise I think more Tango public events such as the UK's River Tango at the Thames Festival
http://www.thamesfestival.org/cn/whats_on/index.php?dayid=Saturday&event_id=50

Try and get Tango into some outdoor public events as part of the program.
I agree Tango shows may not be the best way of displaying Tango.

'Mash
London,UK