[Tango-L] Dance for success?

Shahrukh Merchant shahrukh at shahrukhmerchant.com
Mon Jan 7 19:48:30 EST 2008

> The first thing that most Argentine men ask the woman after the first
> dance is if she feels comfortable.  In 12 years, I only heard that
> from one non-Argentine man.

Hmm, I thought, "What's your phone number?" was the first question. :-)

But seriously, if you're right (I'm skeptical), I have to admit that I
have never asked that of a woman (other than possibly if she was in
obvious discomfort, but I probably blocked out that scenario ...).

Tonight I shall try a controlled experiment.

Test Group A:

Are you comfortable?
What's your phone number?

Test Group B (what I thought most Argentine men ask ...):

Do you have a boyfriend?
What's your phone number?

Let's see with which group I get more phone numbers.

Shahrukh

P.S. Remind me not to post to Tango-L after consuming the better part of
a bottle of an exquisite 2000 Salentein Malbec ... mmm ... (caveat
emptor: more recent vintages not as good).