[Tango-L] Gender Imbalance/Advertising for men

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Mon Jan 7 16:38:00 EST 2008

'Mash wrote:

> Maybe more local production groups need to be created and put on year
> long shows. I think people don't want to dance tango as they have no
> idea what tango is. Everyone STILL thinks it is the dance with a rose
> between your teeth!

The bigger problem is so many people think tango is what they see in those
shows. /Those/ are the people who have no idea what tango really is.

Shows attract people who like shows. Milongas attract people who like
milongas. Shows make for good (show) business. It's the milongas that make
for a good social tango community.

--
Chris