[Tango-L] Gender Imbalance/Advertising for men

Roger edgecombe_r at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 6 02:13:26 EST 2008

Astrid wrote:

> On the other hand, Randy, for those few men who show up, attracted to ttango
> for all the wrong reasons, a few of the women might stop coming. Have you
> thought about that?

I must say I am in agreement with Astrid on this - I can't see anything
very positive in trawling the locker rooms, bars, dives, etc. (I may
have misquoted the suggested locales here - but that is the image it
conjured) for potential tangueros.

I mentioned the suggestion to my wife, who said "They'd be better
advised to advertise in IT departments, and mathematics departments",
because in her experience those disciplines have yielded better than
average tangueros. (This is not to preclude other disciplines ..
no offence to deep sea divers, et al)

cheers
rde