[Tango-L] Gender Imbalance

desdelasnubes@web.de desdelasnubes at web.de
Fri Jan 4 11:39:59 EST 2008

>   "Sitting in one spot all night" thing. WHERE you sit is supremely important. At any venue there will be predominate traffic flows - to and from: the front door, the bathroom, the dancefloor, and the food, as Trini pointed out. Women who want to dance, do well to put themselves in or near the traffic flows.

Thank you for the tips, but they might not apply to everyone. I like to sit in one spot,  but that's not where the traffic flows. Sometimes dancers tell me: you should sit where the traffic flows so that I can easily see you. But I rather prefer a more quiet spot where I can listen to the music and watch the dancers and I won't be disturbed by a stop-and-go-traffic back and forth from the bar or bathroom.  I won't cruise around either. I'm convinced sitting is more rewarding. Why should I go hunting and ask a man to dance? I think the man I like to dance with will have eyes to see and he will find me. I prefer to be invited.  A good leader will have the initiative and good eyes. I also consider patience is a prerequisite for tango. For instance I would watch one of the best dancers, he has more than 20 years of dancing experience and I love to watch him dance. I guess I have watched him for years,  thinking how wonderful it would be to dance with him. And then a few weeks ago, he came to me and invited me to dance. It was worth waiting for it;)

Anna