[Tango-L] bad nuevo tango

ECSEDY Áron aron at milonga.hu
Thu Feb 28 15:00:24 EST 2008

This

nuevo = stage figures and lack of navigation skills

appears true because most European/US milongas simply have too much
space for the dancers AND because nuevo is quite popular in these areas.

Nuevo and using a lot of space is simply two different things. Just
because many US/European dancers prefer to learn the fancy figures
available through nuevo it doesn't mean nuevo is bad. Just the same
thing in the "traditional" forms: if you learn patterns and you are not
able to take them apart, or you just use large steps (very common) then
you are making the same mistake.

You should check some of the young nuevo dancers (here) in BsAs. They'll
use equal to less space than most "traditionals".

Styles are unimportant. There is only good dancing and bad dancing.

Cheers,
Aron