[Tango-L] Bridge to the Tango

Victor Bennetts Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com
Mon Feb 25 19:07:21 EST 2008

Instructional videos are a bit of a fraught issue. When my wife and I were in BsAs last year, Aurora Lubiz recommended that we buy the 'Tango Baile Nuestro' documentary for the scenes of 70s milonga dancing in that movie. I asked for it in every tango shop that I went into but no one had it. Being Argentinean however they never admit that they don't have something, but always bring out something else which they try and sell you instead (how I love the people there!). In most cases it was instructional videos and I remember at Tango Brujo the sales assistant, a very attractive young portena dancer, brought out a 'learn tango in 12 lessons' by Copes. As soon as she said the title however a smile spread across her face and she said something like 'yes tango is very easy if you can learn it in 12 lessons'. We both burst out laughing. Anyway, I found the below videos with Fabian Salas and Cecilia Gonzales useful, at least for relative beginners and I am sure they are readily available which is a plus:

http://www.cosmotango.com/TDvideos.htm

Victor Bennetts