[Tango-L] What is tango

robin tara robinctara at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:05:35 EST 2008

Sergio,
I like your analysis of how we recognize a tango.

Here's a  story. I once knew a little girl, named Lily. She and her mother
spent a lot of time at my house when I was first learning tango. She was
about three years old. One morning, a classical music program aired some
music by Piazzolla, Lily looked up in surprise and said "Mommy, listen.
They're playing a tango." Her mother was even more surprised, but I wasn't
because Lily is one of those special people who has a natural understanding
of music. She is now 15 and just starred in her high school's production of
Annie - along with my dog, Rubi in the role of Sandy.

Robin Tara