[Tango-L] What's the trick??

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 09:50:48 EST 2008

I'm five months into studying the A.T. dance (3 hrs Youtube dly) and dancing as much as I

  can (twice a week). Right now, besides working on my leading from my center (a

  mysterious place, indeed), I'm trying to figure out a quick rule of thumb for knowing when

  to launch a suprise Sacada or a single axis Giro.

  So far, I've noticed (Youtube) that the Sacada I want, happens when the couple

  is turning to their open side. And somehow the follow's left leg is set up for a quick

  move of the leader's right leg (bumping it).  How did he set it up?  How did he know that

  NOW is the time to do it??

  With the single axis Giro,  It looks like the lead steps in close to the left leg

  of the follow with his right leg and they spin around on that single axis.

  How did he set it up? Is it always done on the opposite leg? Did he go

  between the follower's legs on her side step during a Molinette?

  How do you set up these moves??? The Sacada and single axis Giro??

  I want the Giro to go more than 180 degrees if possible and I want that

  and the Sacada to be suprises, definately not correographed no signaled.

  Any help with this will be thankfully received and if I actually get it right,

  I will publish it here..