[Tango-L] No dancing before the music

desdelasnubes@web.de desdelasnubes at web.de
Wed Feb 20 12:21:42 EST 2008

Janis,

I like your lucid statement about instant gratification as way of life
and lacking patience and time to get acquaintened and intimate with the music.
In a competitive society many dancers ambitiously strive for quick success and
technical accomplishment and they might succeed in performing technically well,
but nevertheless it seems as if their dancing has no soul.
I guess that's ok as listening and feeling the music can not be prescribed, it's something
that might or might not evolve with knowledge and years.
It's the feeling that makes the difference.

I'll be curious to know what you plan to do with the interviews you recorded,
do you plan to present the results in a book or on DVD or on the web?

Anna