[Tango-L] No dancing before the music

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 12:16:53 EST 2008

--- "Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com> wrote:

The tide of the music reaches the lucky ones
> before the harbour
> walls grow too high. So empowered, they start to learn to
> dance.

Wow, Chris, you posted something that I actually agree with
and like.  "Before the harbour walls grow too high".  For
some people, it is only through movement that they can
begin to appreciate the music.  It certainly was with me.
Most of my students start tango without knowing anything
about the music.  But by learning to move to it, most grow
to love it.  For Valentine's Day, I chose DiSarli and
D'Agostino for the 3rd week of my beginners class.   I'd
say everyone was dancing with feeling for the music and
their partner (most of the class came with partners).

To think that learning tango is possible only through one
linear approach is just plain bad.  That's like saying that
everyone thinks and learns the same way.  If that was the
case, we wouldn't have any wars.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/