[Tango-L] Beginners and milongas

Carol Shepherd arborlaw at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 12:37:31 EST 2008

Since we all hate the 8CB paso basico so much and feel it is a failed
teaching method that encourages the wrong kind of dancing and collisions
on the pista,

how do we all feel about the open frame 6CB (modified box step) that is
frequently taught for milonga?

I say it is a nice, simple figure that is easy and fun, which lets
beginners feel a lot of confidence and gives them practice in floor traffic.

The key words in beginner retention being "easy" and "fun".

(she said, donning the same flamewear as Doug)

CS