[Tango-L] On breaking the basic step

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 14:15:50 EST 2008

I am a Spanish conversational fluency coach.
   I teach one on one for two hours at a stretch.
    My students achieve fluency in a couple of months.
     The secret is using only authentic conversation,
      no exercises, flash cards, grammar.
       I have to be able to have an interesting conversation
        with each student to the point that they forget that
         we are talking in Spanish..it has to involve them
           emotionally.
            I see lots of Schools, Teachers who 'teach' Spanish
             and their students still cannot comprehend a single
              sentence after years of  'teaching'.
                Can Tango class be similar???  sure it can.