[Tango-L] Breaking the 'paso basico.'

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 10:17:33 EST 2008

In the video link you cite, I see Oscar Casas stepping
backward into the line of dance - into the woman's
ankle behind him in a real social dance setting.
Please explain why you think this is a good thing for
beginners to know.

And do you really believe than any Argentine is a
better dancer than any other nationality?  And do you
believe than any Argentine is a better tango teacher
than any non-Argentine tango teacher?   If so, why are
you teaching?

Respectfully,
Nancy

--- Keith <keith at tangohk.com> wrote:
Tom, do you think you know more about Tango than
> Oscar Casas - he's just
> an example - I can find many more on YouTube.
>
> Here is a link of Oscar Casas teaching:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIKnh_1KR0A

> I'm sorry if you think I'm being anti-American, as
> I've been accused before on
> this List. I'm not - but you're trying to change
> Tango for the worse and I just
> don't like what you're doing. Why can't you just do
> things the Argentine way?
> I guess that's my question.
>
> Keith, HK

<<Rito es la danza en tu vida