[Tango-L] Pobre flor

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Thu Feb 7 15:55:00 EST 2008

> I asked him the names of the singers and the title.  He knew them
> and even said it was recorded around 1945.  Then he asked, is there
> anything else you want to know? Lito is a walking encyclopedia of tango.

Janis, the (1946) De Angelis Pobre Flor is one of the most famous valses
ever. Every walking pocket reference card knows its singers' names & title.

> Company: Odeon Disc: 3792-AMatrix:15257

though if he knew the matrix code, I'm impressed... and a little worried. ;)

-

Carol wrote about iPod DJing:

> a great idea, if you do one playlist for each tanda and one for
> cortinas, you can just select the next tanda while the cortina is
> playing, and it plays out and then you select the next tanda etc.

To IPodders hunting for this mode: if there's no Playlists > On-The-Go
item, you can stop searching. It's found only on newer models/firmwares.

--
Chris