[Tango-L] Villa Urquiza style

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Mon Feb 4 13:16:18 EST 2008

Hi, Oleh,

Villa Urquiza is well represented by Sunderland.  It is not so much
about a "style" with obvious elements, but more about the dancers who
were from that barrio and made some mark on tango with their own way
of dancing and their identification with Villa Urquiza.  To this day,
there are dancers that pride themselves for being from Villa Urquiza
and for dancing regularly in the milongas there.

Sunderland is a great place to explore that.

Nina